Brand new rendition of the Grimm’s fairy-tale by the Maribor Puppet Theatre.
George, a widower, brings a new wife and her daughter Agatha into his lonely home. George’s daughter Ella gives them a warm welcome, but the newcomers are cunning and vile, treat her like a servant, and mock and curse her. They call her a shaming name – Cinderella.
We all know how the story goes: Ella, who shares a true friendship with animals, is rewarded for her grace and patience. Magic happens, a shoe is lost and the quest for the owner of the shoe is successful. Ella marries the Prince and they live happily ever after. That’s the way fairy-tales should end, and this is how this one ends too.
Pavel Polák, inspired by the fairy-tale by the Brothers Grimm.
- Cast: Metka Jurc
- Director: Pavel Polák
- Visual imagery: Ivan Antoš
- Play script, translation and editing: Majda Potrata
- Puppet design: Ivan Antoš in Slavko Rakuša
- Set design: Slavko Rakuša, Breda Varl, Mirko Černic, Enver Ibrahimagić
- Sound and lighting: Enver Ibrahimagić